Row by Row 2018
We have officially kicked off the 2018 Row by Row Experience! Some of you have your plans all made - you know what rows you want and have mapped out your route! And the rest of you are thinking what the heck is Row by Row, am I right? Not to worry - we're here to fill you in! Row by Row Experience began in 2011 in New York State with just 20 quilt shops. It grew to 62 shops in 2012, 138 shops in 2013 and then went nationwide in 2014 with 1250 shops participating. We joined in in 2015 and were among the 2655 shops that participated! We have had an absolute blast meeting all the Row by Row shop hoppers and we knew we were definitely on board again this year. So what do you do exactly? Row by Row is basically a nationwide shop hop, but with no fees, no cards to stamp, etc. You simply stop in a participating shop to pick up a free pattern for their original quilt row. The best place to start is to visit the Row by Row Experience website to find a list of stores participating in the states you will be visiting this summer (don't forget your home state)! Click on the state you are interested in and you will find a list of all the shops. Each state also has a Facebook page setup where you can see each shop's row and learn a little bit about them before you set off on your adventure. Stop in the participating stores to pick up a free pattern for their row. Most shops will also have kits available to purchase of their row so you don't have to keep track of yardage, etc. as you travel. If you create a quilt using at least 8 different 2018 rows from 8 different 2018 participating shops and be the first to bring it into a participating shop you will win a stack of 25 fat quarters (6-1/4 yards of fabric!). Use that shop’s row in your quilt and you will win a bonus prize! Whether you win the big prize or not, a Row by Row Experience quilt is an amazing souvenir of your 2018 summer travels. This year's theme is "Sew Musical" and each shop's row represents that theme in some way. Our row is titled In the Meadow. North Dakota's state bird is a meadow lark which sings the most beautiful song. Our kit includes everything you need to make our row. The free pattern includes the design that you can add to your row in whatever way you'd like. We will have our Row by Row Visitor Map again this year! It was so fun to see how far people traveled to visit us. When you stop in the shop be sure to add a pin to our map so we can see how far you've really come for the love of quilting.
Row by Row Rules
- Visit any participating RxR quilt shop to pick up your free RxR Sew Musical themed row pattern. One pattern per person.
- Each shop creates a pattern, then gives it away for one row in a row quilt.
- Collect as many rows as you can, then mix and match your rows to create a fun and unique quilt.
- Have fun traveling, shopping and collecting as many different patterns as you like during the RxR collecting period, June 21–September 4, 2018.
- Have more fun making the rows and designing a quilt. Visit other participating shops all over the US, Canada and Europe to add rows to your quilt if you wish.
- Be the first person to bring a finished (quilted, bound, labeled) quilt using at least 8 different rows from 8 different participating stores into a participating quilt shop and receive a bundle of 25 beautiful fat quarters.
- Rowers may include The 9th Row and RxR Junior designs in a RxR quilt, but they may not be counted as one of the 8 rows needed to win a prize.
- Include their row in your quilt and receive a bonus prize! Limit one prize per personWe can't wait to see you this year! Have a great time on your Row by Row travels.